B’wana Walt’s Avocado Toast
One of the delights of the subtropics is the avocado. Those of us who grew up in subtropical or Mediterranean climates learned this as children. For those who dwell in cooler climes probably came late to the ‘alligator pear’ but today you can tell when someone is on a dietary rant if they are denouncing the fruit. No one cares. There is so much you can do with them but simplicity itself is the Australian favorite, avocado toast.
- Baguette, sliced lengthwise
- Avocado, sliced, ½ per person
- Feta cheese
- Safari Hot sauce
- Split a baguette and cut into serving size length, about 6-8” and toast to your favorite darkness
- Cover the toast with overlapping layers of avocado.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the fruit (no salt will be needed because of the saltiness of the cheese.)
- Sprinkle with Safari Hot Sauce and serve.
*Don’t forget to squeeze a lime over the whole thing! The citrus adds a definite kick to the avocado toast. — Walt